2023 – LING 160 Language, Culture, and Society
Course Time and Location
January 9th – April 3rd
Mondays 9:30-12:00, 1:00-2:00
Face to face:
Hul’q’umi’num’ Learning Centre
1984 Woobank Rd.
Nanaimo, BC V9X 1K6
Contains description, learning objectives, grading, materials, etc.
COURSE OUTLINE PDF
Please remember to put your full name on the top of your homework page, and name the assignment LING 160 Assignment #2.
If you are having to email me your assignment, please put this in the subject line – your 2 initials in capitals/upper case font, the number of the course, and the number of the assignment.
My own subject line would look like this … SH 160 A#2.
Please send your homework to email@example.com as well as firstname.lastname@example.org. I have found that students’ work has sometimes not gotten forwarded to me from the hlacoord address and I don’t want your assignments to be missed or unmarked because I didn’t receive them in a timely way. Hay ch q’u.
We will add PDFs for each week and you can download them here.
Right-click (control-click on a Mac) the link and choose “Save Link As…” to save the document to your computer
- Counting with classifiers
- Classifier Handout PDF
- Hul’q’umi’num’ Numeral Classifiers: A Study in Coast Salish Language, Culture & Cognition PDF
- Assignment #2 classifiers PDF
- A closer look at two plants ts’aqw’a’ and xum’xum’ PDF
- Pictures of two plants PDF
- Some Resources on Plants PDF
- Some Hul’q’umi’num’ Plants PDF
- Hul’q’umi’num’ Plant Project PDF
- Devil’s Club by Sharon Seymour PDF
- Ceremonial Language
- Longhouse language: calling witnesses 1 pdf
- Longhouse language: calling witnesses 2 pdf
- Longhouse language: we have come to help pdf
- You are invited Vocabulary pdf
- You are invited pdf